Recommended for Teens to Adults
Historical Narrative. Nonfiction. Hardback Edition.
This book commemorates the enduring legacy of the world’s most famous ship – TITANIC.
Her story is one of all those bound together on that fateful voyage. On board were: writers, artists, honeymooners, sportsmen, priests, reverends, fashion designers, aristocrats, millionaires, children, crew and emigrants looking for a better life.
This book tells of their lives, and shines the spotlight on:
• Some of the great ship’s surprising treasures
• Her fêted voyage from Belfast’s Harland & Wolff shipyard
• The fascinating museums devoted to her memory, including Titanic Belfast
• The iconic music and movies
• Her winged and four-legged passengers
• The sister ships of Olympic and Britannic
• Tales of heroism
• Theories surrounding Titanic’s fatal collision
• The lifeboats and just how close the SS Californian was on that tragic night
• How Arctic explorer Ernest Shackleton and the inquiries viewed events
These stories and much more lie inside.