TITANIC: TRUE STORIES OF HER PASSENGERS, CREW, AND LEGACYBack in Stock on July 12th
Recommended for Teens to Adults
Historical Narrative. Nonfiction. Hardback Edition.
This book commemorates the enduring legacy of the world’s most famous ship – TITANIC.
Her story is one of all those bound together on that fateful voyage. On board were: writers, artists, honeymooners, sportsmen, priests, reverends, fashion designers, aristocrats, millionaires, children, crew and emigrants looking for a better life.
This book tells of their lives, and shines the spotlight on:
• Some of the great ship’s surprising treasures
• Her fêted voyage from Belfast’s Harland & Wolff shipyard
• The fascinating museums devoted to her memory, including Titanic Belfast
• The iconic music and movies
• Her winged and four-legged passengers
• The sister ships of Olympic and Britannic
• Tales of heroism
• Theories surrounding Titanic’s fatal collision
• The lifeboats and just how close the SS Californian was on that tragic night
• How Arctic explorer Ernest Shackleton and the inquiries viewed events
These stories and much more lie inside.